Starting your smart home journey can be intimidating, especially with so many automation devices on the market. That’s why we started Tech Tip Tuesdays, where we share some of our favorite smart home tech solutions. Below are some frequently used terms and common devices you may hear about when joining the smart home community.
- Access Control – A simple and effective way to manage and keep track of who is entering your home or office. By giving family members and employees their own code, key fob, access card, or access to an app, you can have a digital data log of who’s coming and going from your home or business.
- Home Automation – Seamlessly integrate all of the technology in your home into a single, easy to use system. Your TVs, security system, music, thermostats, lighting, shades, pool controls and more all become easily accessible from your smartphone, in-wall touch screen or handheld remote control.
- Equipment Racks – Whether at home or in your office, you can have all of your electronics in a centralized location with everything installed in an equipment closet or cabinet. This keeps the electronics safe and cooled to the right temperature when done correctly. Plus, it’s cost-effective when needing to update and expand your systems!
- Remote Access – The best thing about having a fully connected smart home is that you can access your devices using an app on your phone anytime and anywhere.
- Acoustic Panels – A decorative and minimalistic way to improve your acoustic environment. Whether you use artwork or your company’s logo, these panels can help eliminate residual sound, improve sound intelligibility, absorb unwanted sounds, and surface frequencies, and improve ceiling acoustics. They come in all shades, sizes, and colors!
- Smart Light Bulbs vs. Smart Light Switches – Smart light bulbs are a relatively affordable way to elevate your lighting by changing the color of your lights throughout the day. Smart switches, on the other hand, allow you to control your lighting by dimming and turning them on and off whenever you want and allow for more customization.
There are more terms and devices to learn about, so follow us today and check out the Tech Tip Tuesday videos on our Instagram! Ready to start designing your smart home? Schedule a call with our Systems Designers at adslv.com, or call or text us at 702-648-7474.